Sunday, July 15, 2012

Made in Paradise

         

         

There are so few local designers and as an aspiring designer, I know,
hype and word of mouth are the best promoters.

So even though I'm not a true local (but as an extended visitor)
I thought I'd share a great local line from Hawai'i.

Founded in 2003, Fighting Eel
has been designing and producing sophisticated but comfortable pieces.
And as they say, "easily worn with either high heels or flip-flops."

Here are a few pieces that caught my eye from the Summer 2012 collection.

---

So support your local designers!! It may be pricier, but it's worth it.
These days we put so much emphasis on cheap trendy clothes that fall apart and we toss.

But I urge everyone to reconsider than more expensive, locally or even domestically (made in the USA)  clothes are worth it. You are putting your hard earned dollars in another American's pocket, who most likely (and hopefully!) has some kind of health and other benefits.

Smaller clothing labels use the hight quality materials and
because their productions are smaller there is better quality control.
So if you're between buying 3 new cheap trendy dresses at Forever21
or a classic silhouette from dusendusen, you know which one I'd talk you into buying. 



Vaca pics to come ;)


Images via Fighting Eel

No comments:

Post a Comment